Is HIPAA compliance a concern for your office? We make sure your medical or dental office is HIPAA compliant and take that worry off your shoulders. We will stay on top of your network security, making sure all of your patient information is protected from cyber threats. We will also work with your vendors to show them how you are meeting those requirements.
The HIPAA Ten Commandments
Keeping all the requirements of HIPAA straight can be confusing at times, so here is a 10 commandments list of how to follow HIPAA.
- In exchanging patient information, you will remember HIPAA and maintain the importance of protecting your patients’ privacy
- Thou shall not put a patient’s name in communications that are not HIPAA compliant
- Thou shall not put a patient’s phone number in communications that are not HIPAA compliant
- Though shall not exchange patient information through emails which are not HIPAA compliant
- Thou shall not exchange patient information through text messages which are not HIPAA compliant
- Thou shall only use encrypted forms of communication for exchanging patient information
- Nor shall you ask a business associate to send unencrypted, patient information on your behalf.
- Thou will educate your employees on the requirements of HIPAA regulations and what HIPAA requires of them
- Thou will ask questions if you have concerns or are unclear on implementation
- Thou shall stay abreast of HIPAA updates and requirements